Rating 7222 for industrial arc lighting

Pierre P Blais

I am wondering how I should rate 7222 stock to expose properly under industrial arc lights (mercury vapor I believe).

Kodak says to rate at 200 for tungsten and 250 for daylight. The arc lamps in question are not HMI's, but I'm thinking rating more towards the 250... To my eyes the temp of the light are a little warmer then daylight, but certainly not tungsten warm, and with a bit of a green bias too. Any thoughts? Thanks!

After mutual exchange of sensitometric strips and processing with Kodak Chalons, a few years ago, we concluded that the practical speed of 5222 is more like 100-125 ISO. 200-250 is way too optimistic.

dirk,

is this for 5222 or 7222 in general? I mean that, should I rate the film about one stop higher than Kodak suggests, all the time? I have asked a similar question, not specifically about mercury vapor lighting, but in general and I think I recall that the answer was rate it as labeled.

This is for all x222 stocks. Jean-Claude Peugniet (support engineer at Kodak Chalons) ordered a fresh roll in the US and we tested and exchanged strips: both our processes came to the same speed. Several feature films we processed were rated as tested and one was a winner in both Venice and Sundance.