hand cross-processing question

Has this been done by someone? cross-processing ecn-2 negative in E6 bath? what does it look like? interesting? no? waste of time?

I know it will mess up the colour and all, but I'm curious, I have some E6 chemical bath left-over from developing a few rolls of 7285, they're still good for a few more rolls but I don't have any 7285 left to develop so I'm tempted to try this out with some 7219 and 7213 rolls I haven't process yet and that don't contain anything important.

also, about the remjet... In the past I've developed small amount of 7219 in c-41 baths, and removed the backing at the end only (a lot easier when the lights are on!), it worked fine (i mean I know c-41 isn't the same as ECN-2 but still, colours were ok, nothing overwhelmingly wrong with the footage), could I do the same and remove the remjet at the end only in e-6 bath?

anyone ever attempted something similar? any thoughts are welcome. if anyone is interested I'll post the results I get :)

Yes, you can do this. It gives a very golden and very low contrast positive image. Its quite nice.

From memory, I found I had to under rate the film 1 or even 2 stops (ie shoot 200 asa as 50 asa) and also push process in the E6 by two stops in order to get an image. Yes, you can take the rem-jet off at the end. If you can use the kodak encII prebath at the start of the process, that helps. If not, there are other recepies for rem-jet removal bath out there (based on borax).

No, I don't have a telecine of the stuff I did.

go for it.

rt

Yes, you can do this. It gives a very golden and very low contrast positive image. Its quite nice.

From memory, I found I had to under rate the film 1 or even 2 stops (ie shoot 200 asa as 50 asa) and also push process in the E6 by two stops in order to get an image. Yes, you can take the rem-jet off at the end. If you can use the kodak encII prebath at the start of the process, that helps. If not, there are other recepies for rem-jet removal bath out there (based on borax).

No, I don't have a telecine of the stuff I did.

go for it.

rt

Thanks Richard for your reply. I'll definitely go for it then. It's good to know about rating the film under, in this case the footage I was going to test with I didn't shoot specifically for doing this, so it's was exposed at the recommended asa, so we'll se what I get... I've never actually tried pushing yet (or pulling for that matter), I know that it' a question of leaving the footage in the first developer longer, but about how much longer per stop? I think a friend of mine once told me it was something around 1min for one stop, 2 for 2, 4 for 3, 8 for 4 and so on in powers of 2. is that correct?