Canon Scoopic, Beaulieu, Bell & Howell and CP-16 Sound Movie Camera

Guest Angela Dellutri

Guest Angela Dellutri

My father was a Cinematographer/DP. He retired back in the mid-80s. I have all of his equipment and am trying to determine what to do with all of it. My Dad is in the last stages of Dementia and is unable to tell me what condition this equipment is in or how it is used. Does anyone know somewhere in Chicago that I can take this equipment to determine if it works. First question, is anything listed below worth doing something with it or should I just put it on eBay and hope for the best. I lost my job and am now a beginning Photography student. The money I get will be used to purchase Nikon equipment that I need.

EQUIPMENT:

Canon Scoopic 16M. It looks in like it is in LIKE NEW condition. Along with the movie camera, there is a Canon C-16 Zoom 12.5 - 75mm lens, lens cap, lens hood, reel (no film), Battery Charger, 1 Battery (condition also unknown, there may be a 2nd. I am still looking through his equipment), instruction manual and case.

Cinema Beaulieu Reflex Control - Looks like it is in LIKE NEW condition overall. A couple of pretty minor scratches on one side. I hit a button and the reel wound/unwound. 1 Reel included.

4 Bell & Howell Angenieux Lenses:

10mm, f/1.8 Retrofocus;

Lenses Mounted on the Camera

f.50 1:1.5 Type S5;

f.25 1:1.4 Type S41

3 inch f/2.5

He also has the following lenses. I don't know what cameras they go with. I haven't pulled out the older Bell & Howell yet.

3 Kern-Paillard Lenses: YVAR 1:4, f=150mm AR, YVAR 1:2.8 f=75mm AR and YVAR 1:3,3

f=100mm AR

Som Berthiot Pan-Cinor 1:3,8 f=17 a 85 B (te) S.G.D.G.

Kern Switar 1:1,6 f=10mm

Victor Duncan, Inc. Cinema Products C-16 Sound Camera, Film Magazines/Reels? (Qty 4), Lens. Actually, I need to find everything for this.

Thanks,

Angela Dellutri

Email: amdellutri@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry you are in the position you are in, I know that must be hard. As for the gear, the Scoopic is a well regarded camera in the 16mm area and is still quite sought after. If it is in really good condition it will sell well on eBay or here in a more private sale. The lenses sound to me like "C" mount lenses. As for the rest, my knowledge is very limited but I saw nobody seems to have replied here publicly so I thought I would take a moment to do so.

Please check both the forum comments on the Canon and the lenses as well as eBay for what these items might be fetching on the open market. I am not sure who one would check with in Chicago but there have to be some old school film places left there that would handle the Canon and let you know about it's condition as well as being able to look over the lenses for their total condition. They may make you an offer on the spot for good gear. Be sure to look at the forums and eBay before you go so you will have an idea what one might expect to get for these piece.

That's about all I can offer on advice. I know I have looked at prices for the Scoopics and they vary but I too like the camera. Best of luck to you,

Sean McHenry

• 11 years later...