What do Aaton LTR-7 and LTR-54 cameras go for now?

Zachary Vex

I've got one of each with some fun accessories and every project I've shot lately has been done on DSLR (and will continue to be shot on DSLR for the foreseeable future). eBay has no recent auctions. Searching on google turns up stuff from 2008. Is everyone just sitting on their Aatons until there's some sort of nostalgic resurgence in shooting on film?

• Premium Member

I've got one of each with some fun accessories and every project I've shot lately has been done on DSLR (and will continue to be shot on DSLR for the foreseeable future). eBay has no recent auctions. Searching on google turns up stuff from 2008. Is everyone just sitting on their Aatons until there's some sort of nostalgic resurgence in shooting on film?

The 16mm market has really dried up over the last few years. Especially regular 16, though even Super 16 is not doing much, as your own experience demonstrates. You might want to list them in the classified section of this forum and see how they do. Are they both Super 16 converted cameras, or regular 16? The other issue with motion picture cameras is when were they last serviced. Last time I checked, an overhaul to either of those cameras, and a couple magazines, ran in the $2500 range. Have your cameras been overhauled in the last couple of years?

Best,

-Tim

People like me have been waiting for prices to come down. They have.

I do think there is a market for those who want to shoot 16mm.

You will have an easier time selling if you have a history on this board. I missed out on Tim's Aaton a while back but was able to find a local seller where I knew the camera's history and bought that one.

The main issue I had was condition of the camera and service history... that's why I only looked at cameras where the owner had a history and reputation that I was comfortable with.

PM me if you've got any Aaton rear lens caps/accessories or extra primes you want to get rid of with Aaton mounts