CAMS Remote Head?

Erik Sens

First of all I'd like to say "Hello!" to all of you since I'm new here!

My Name is Erik and I'm a Grip from Leipzig/Germany. For some time I've been looking for a used Remote Head to buy. Right now I found an offer of a "CAMS Revolution" - Remote Head (like the one shown here http://www.innovision-optics.com/gallery/cams.shtml ). Since I don't know this head I would like to ask if anyone around here has any experience with this system? Is it strong enough to carry 35mm camera packages (like e.g. an ARRICAM ST or alike)? And if so is its performance sufficiently for the use in feature films (when looking for the system on the internet, it seems it's mostly used in the broadcast business)?

Thanks for your advice and merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you!

First of all I'd like to say "Hello!" to all of you since I'm new here!

My Name is Erik and I'm a Grip from Leipzig/Germany. For some time I've been looking for a used Remote Head to buy. Right now I found an offer of a "CAMS Revolution" - Remote Head (like the one shown here http://www.innovision-optics.com/gallery/cams.shtml ). Since I don't know this head I would like to ask if anyone around here has any experience with this system? Is it strong enough to carry 35mm camera packages (like e.g. an ARRICAM ST or alike)? And if so is its performance sufficiently for the use in feature films (when looking for the system on the internet, it seems it's mostly used in the broadcast business)?

Thanks for your advice and merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you!

Eric,

I have used a CAMS head, and it is fine to use with film cameras such as the ARRICAM ST or Panavision Platinum.

Test before you buy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

Thanks for your replys, guys! I'm going to check out the head on monday next week - we'll see!

Now a colleague of mine came up with the idea to spent some more money and buy a new and more modern head capable of motion control for a reasonable price. He proposed the "CinemaPro" made by VariZoom (I think it is also known as the "Talon"-head) - has anyone any experience with this one? Any kind of feedback, experiences, citics is warmly welcome!