Prometheus trailer is finally up!

Just tell me, is it Fantastic Four on a spaceship called Prometheus?

Edit - Me and some pals will probably see it next week, but none of us have seen Batman either.

Edited by Rex Orwell

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it Wednesday night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though it was lacking in the scare factor.

The 3D was not in your face like the New Spider-Man trailer. Just there when needed.

Well worth watching. Make sure you don't get up when the trailers begin.

Just tell me, is it Fantastic Four on a spaceship called Prometheus?

Edit - Me and some pals will probably see it next week, but none of us have seen Batman either.

I don't know but the mechanical bug infested derelict spaceship from the future in Lost In Space was named Prometheus as was the USS NCC-71201 Prometheus of Star Trek-Deep Space Nine, The USS NX-59650 Prometheus of Star Trek-Voyager, The Prometheus of Stargate-SG-1, and there are TONS more. It's probably the most overused name for a fictional spacecraft in existence.

Now where did I read that 'Icarus' was on the short list? Well, at least they had one of the crew members...

Sounds like I'm bagging ithe film a lot - I still need to see this again - mightenjoy it more upon rewatch.

You're appropriately bagging it. I enjoyed it visually and left feeling it was okay. When I got into a discussion about all the plot problems I slowly realized it was kind of crap. I mean everything was wrong with it from a writing perspective. It was really pretty though. I'm worried that with the last few films that Scott is just recalling his classics for a paycheck so he can retire with a nest egg. Robin Hood was cashing in on Gladiator, this is cashing in on Alien, and next he plans to cash in on Blade Runner. As a person who grew up on these films from childhood until now, I feel kinda cheated.

I blame Lucas for showing everyone how to cash out.

Ridley Scott is a multi-millionaire he doesnt need to do anything ever again ! He is 74 .

THIS!!!

Spot on John!

This is soooo much the mystery for me. I know that Ridley has been putting a lot of stuff into production lately in the hope that more projects would reach fruition. Often projects start up and don't go anywhere, even for Ridley but I kind of assumed that this was part of an effort to leave a lagacy of great works after he was gone but...

Ridley talks a lot about not doing anything to upset the studios. He seems waaaay more concerned about this than far less successful directors. I find it odd as he is one of the most powerful people in the British film industry. He has a significant interest in Shepperton studios and must surely have made enough money to fund his own films.

None of it really makes sense. I can only think that over time he must have become trapped in a certain way of thinking.

I can't believe he is doing it for the money, I mean is he saving up for a jewel lined coffin or a pyramid to be built in his honor or something?

I think it's odd to compromise the work heavily to appease the studios.

love

Freya

Ridley Scott is a multi-millionaire he doesnt need to do anything ever again ! He is 74 .

I still can't find a better reason he is moving away from a career of pioneer filmmaking to make a string of half baked sequals. At this point he should know what works and what doesn't. It's almost like no one is asking questions after the first draft lately.

I expect more from filmmakers half his caliber.

THIS!!!

Spot on John!

This is soooo much the mystery for me. I know that Ridley has been putting a lot of stuff into production lately in the hope that more projects would reach fruition. Often projects start up and don't go anywhere, even for Ridley but I kind of assumed that this was part of an effort to leave a lagacy of great works after he was gone but...

Ridley talks a lot about not doing anything to upset the studios. He seems waaaay more concerned about this than far less successful directors. I find it odd as he is one of the most powerful people in the British film industry. He has a significant interest in Shepperton studios and must surely have made enough money to fund his own films.

None of it really makes sense. I can only think that over time he must have become trapped in a certain way of thinking.

I can't believe he is doing it for the money, I mean is he saving up for a jewel lined coffin or a pyramid to be built in his honor or something?

I think it's odd to compromise the work heavily to appease the studios.

love

Freya

He used to have a reputation of taking no shite from studios and getting his own way. Maybe he is getting mellow in his old age.