Which video cameras capable of ramping?

Jim Swanson

Which video cameras currently available have the ability to ramp frame rate in-camera, while recording? I know the Varicam can but I'm having trouble finding any others. Ideally, I'm looking for a solid-state video camera that can ramp for 10-20k. Many thanks.

Which video cameras currently available have the ability to ramp frame rate in-camera, while recording? I know the Varicam can but I'm having trouble finding any others. Ideally, I'm looking for a solid-state video camera that can ramp for 10-20k. Many thanks.

I believe the Red ONE can...I know we did it on a shoot over a year ago before the Mysterium sensor came out....not sure if it's still possible. I don't know if the Red ONE is in your price range (yet). Honestly though, in-camera ramping is not a big deal.....if you shoot at a high frame rate, you can just make the ramp yourself in post quite easily.

I believe the Red ONE can...I know we did it on a shoot over a year ago before the Mysterium sensor came out....not sure if it's still possible. I don't know if the Red ONE is in your price range (yet). Honestly though, in-camera ramping is not a big deal.....if you shoot at a high frame rate, you can just make the ramp yourself in post quite easily.

Thanks. I've been making the post argument, too, but thought I'd explore available options for a producer who is asking. Also, I'm kind of curious.