Some advice

James Zeun

I've been away from using Super 8 camera's for a couple of years and want to get back in the saddle for 2012. I read that there is a new Kodak 100D film replacing the 64T. What effect does this have on filming?

My Chinon only has two film speeds and suffers with the common case of under exposing the new colour Kodak film.

I'd appreciate any info on new films and also any suggestions regarding a camera more adept at using the new films better from off t'old ebay.

Many thanks

James

• Premium Member

With reversal you'd rather have it under exposed a little so unless you are projecting the film, much of the exposure issue can be easily fixed in transfer. Just shoot and have fun.

Do you have a manual exposure setting? If you do just use an external meter. That way you won't have all the "breathing" in exposure that comes with autoexposure.

If you are looking for the best quality you out of Super 8 it gets expensive quickly. You'll need to shoot negative stocks and probably invest in a camera with more exposure control and better lenses. If you're going through that, just jump to 16mm; you'll be amazed at the difference.

If you're going through that, just jump to 16mm; you'll be amazed at the difference.

or even try 35 in Panavision B) No seriously... I think Super8 has it's own reason for life not need to be compared with other formats. I can't afford 16 myself and try to shoot quality Super8 with good cameras