LEDz LED Lights

Anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking about getting a Brute 9 but there aren't many reviews on the Brute series. There is a review of a prototype in American Cinematographer but I hesitate to really rely on that.

They seem like an interesting alternative to 1x1 LED Panels.

Thanks,

Schmüdde

www.directingfilm.net

Beyond the Frame - Techniques for Directors

• Premium Member

Hi David,

The person to talk to at LEDz is Malcolm Mills. I know him from Panavision, Manchester... and he was their front man for those lights and can answer all your questions, organize a demo, and offer ideas on how different DPs are using them. When I saw them a couple of years ago (hopefully Malcolm is still there) the daylight version looked good in terms of color... but the 3200 version had some color spikes that they were hoping to solve.

Good luck!

Shelly

Thanks for the lead!

Schmüdde

Hi David,

The person to talk to at LEDz is Malcolm Mills. I know him from Panavision, Manchester... and he was their front man for those lights and can answer all your questions, organize a demo, and offer ideas on how different DPs are using them. When I saw them a couple of years ago (hopefully Malcolm is still there) the daylight version looked good in terms of color... but the 3200 version had some color spikes that they were hoping to solve.

Good luck!

Shelly