Lighting Question

Hi All,

I work as a 2nd ac but DP my own projects. I want to be more skilled in lighting.

I want to really take a course in the UK. Also is there any DVDS you recommend.

I understanding lighting its just controlling and using light meters etc AND lighting continuity.

Thanks

There are a lot of books available that can help you such as Cinematography by Blaine Brown and Lighting for Film and Television by Gerald Millerson. There is an Amazon list somewhere (on here?) of cinematography books that will teach you about artistic and effective lighting.

Hi All,

I work as a 2nd ac but DP my own projects. I want to be more skilled in lighting.

I want to really take a course in the UK. Also is there any DVDS you recommend.

I understanding lighting its just controlling and using light meters etc AND lighting continuity.

Thanks

There are great courses at NFTS in Beaconsfield (close to London) . Question about light continuity is hard as long as I'm DP and I can see in many features or scenes there is no light continuity specially in wide shots! look carefully on lighting in close ups and try to find these light's in wide shoots! usually there are not there. But it's not a problem if story keeps you focused on a story! If story is good you have easier task to do:)

Do not get involved in projects with bad scripts or stories that you don't believe in!!! This is my first rule;)

cheers, Ted.

www.kieniewicz.blogspot.com