Video Clips of Mitchell Cameras

Peter Char

Now we all love these cameras, the problem I find sometimes is finding test footage of these gems.

example. Right now I'm looking to see what the fries mitchell 35R3 looks like in motion.

I'm sure there are plenty of films out there shot on the formats but it'd be great to make a database of examples, listing films shot with such camera_ such lenses_ and maybe even include clips.

but in any case, anyone have any Fries Mitchell 35r3 footage that they've shot or have seen online anywhere? I'm trying to get an idea of how well the camera runs before I start walking in the domain of considering the purchase of one.

Thanks!

Peter

Edited by Peter Charuza

• Premium Member

Most VFX & motion control work shot on films over the past 30 years has been done with Fries Mitchells, some R35's others 35R3's. I bought one from Digital Domain that was used on Titanic & Dante's Peek. It images looks just like any other 35mm film camera.

Now we all love these cameras, the problem I find sometimes is finding test footage of these gems.

example. Right now I'm looking to see what the fries mitchell 35R3 looks like in motion.

I'm sure there are plenty of films out there shot on the formats but it'd be great to make a database of examples, listing films shot with such camera_ such lenses_ and maybe even include clips.

but in any case, anyone have any Fries Mitchell 35r3 footage that they've shot or have seen online anywhere? I'm trying to get an idea of how well the camera runs before I start walking in the domain of considering the purchase of one.

Thanks!

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I was worried that these may not run as smooth or create some sort of aberrations in the image. But aside from a few factors like its cumbersome size and such it seems like a worthwhile camera. For $5,000 its really a sweet deal for an indie film maker. That is depending on the camera noise. :D

Thanks!

Edited by Peter Charuza