Condensation (did I mess up big time?)

Alec Eagon

Hey everyone,

Kind of freaking out here. I was in a huge hurry yesterday (stupid) and took some exposed film out of the freezer (shot over the last week) and took each can out of its double zip lock bag and pack them in bubble wrapping in a Fedex box. I noticed that condensation built up on the outside of each of the four canisters (obviously since they hadn't acclimated to room temp in the bags).

Now each exposed roll was in a black plastic bag inside its canister, each of which was sealed around the edge with electrical tape---I am hoping that that kept any condensation from entering the canister but I am not sure about that.

Am I totally screwed? Should I not be surprised if I have condensation damage or am I just freaking out?

Thanks a lot.

-Alec

• Premium Member

Alec,

It's hard to say for sure and it's never a good idea to do what you did, but I think you'll probably be okay. As long as it wasn't terribly humid where you were, and the box to FedEx didn't go right out into a rain storm. Again, never a good idea to do that, but if the tape was secure around each can, and each roll was inside its plastic bag, and the bags were wrapped properly, you'll probably be okay. Those barriers do hold out alot of the moisture.

Good luck.

Best,

-Tim

Alec,

It's hard to say for sure and it's never a good idea to do what you did, but I think you'll probably be okay. As long as it wasn't terribly humid where you were, and the box to FedEx didn't go right out into a rain storm. Again, never a good idea to do that, but if the tape was secure around each can, and each roll was inside its plastic bag, and the bags were wrapped properly, you'll probably be okay. Those barriers do hold out alot of the moisture.

Good luck.

Best,

-Tim

Okay very good to hear. I'm hoping. Thanks a lot Tim.