arri16s.com

Robert Lewis

Oh dear! It is a real shame that we have lost the site. Of course, it is quite understandable, but such a shame. I, for one, will miss it. It has been most helpful to me. I did try looking at the cached sites referred to, but I could not get past the first page.

• Premium Member

Read here.

The mirror site has also vanished it seems.

You can still use the cached site functions to access the content but the work is tedious.

Robert,

The thread you linked to is two-years old. And as far as I know, the site was working recently. You guys might want to send Tim a PM to see what's up.

• Premium Member

A bit of a hiccup. Everything is available. Working on more information to put up, and will be completing a detailed service guide for the Arriflex 16S, now that no one is really servicing that camera anymore.

Best,

-Tim

A bit of a hiccup. Everything is available. Working on more information to put up, and will be completing a detailed service guide for the Arriflex 16S, now that no one is really servicing that camera anymore.

Best,

-Tim

Great news Tim. Thank you very much for the posting. As I said earlier, the site is most valuable and I suspect it will become more so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hi Everyone,

I am developing a book on the Arriflex 16S camera and I am asking anyone who is interested to drop me an email to let me know what you would like to see in the book. The book will go into great detail about how the camera works, and I will do a step by step disassembly of the camera and then a rebuild, showing how the cameras were built at the factory. There will be many pictures and descriptions of how each assembly works and how the ARRI craftsmen hand made each individual camera.

So if there are things that you'd like to make sure the book covers, please drop me an email.

Best,

-Tim

My Email

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

This sounds like an invaluable resource, Tim. I can't think of anything specifically I'd like to see covered at the moment, but I'm sure others will chime in when word of the book spreads.

Any ballpark on when it will be published?

Robert

Hi Robert,

Rethinking the idea. The response has been quite underwhelming so far. Heard for a total of three people who were interested, which doesn't make the time put into development pay off. So it's on hold for now. We'll see.

Best,

-Tim

Hi Robert,

Rethinking the idea. The response has been quite underwhelming so far. Heard for a total of three people who were interested, which doesn't make the time put into development pay off. So it's on hold for now. We'll see.

Best,

-Tim

Hey Tim,

Here is a photo of my old Arri 16SB with the rare Arri handgrip and 10-150mm Angenieux in Arri bayonet mount. I also had Cooke Kinetal primes. It was mint condition but also an obsolete film format. I was the only one still shooting with this camera. Everyone is shooting with the Red One.

I moved on to other movie cameras because the Arri 16S/16SB is not S16 convertable (at least not easily). Also most the good lenses are PL mount. 2K/4K digital movie cameras are the future. Hopefully ARRI comes out with a low budget ARRI Alexa.

The Arriflex 16SB will always be my favorite standard 16mm movie camera.

post-31716-0-57711400-1337838942.jpg

Tim to be clear I am only switching to other "Arriflex" cameras. I just cant deal with the old 16mm 4:3 standard film format so its S16 or 2K digital for me. Arriflex cameras are STILL my favorite so the Arri 16SR camera (converted S16)...ect.

• 4 years later...
  • Premium Member

The old Arri16S.com website has been re-published. I no longer own the www.Arri16S.com domain name (and the current owners want thousands of dollars to sell it back to me, which ain't happening) so the new address for the site is as posted below:

http://www.analogcams.com/Arri16S1.htm

The video links are not active, as the video that I created for the original site back in 2006 are no longer compatible with the current internet. Someday that might get fixed, but for now I just wanted to have the other information available for anyone who is still interested in these great little cameras.

Best,

-Tim

Tim,

Excellent!

Now that you have it up and running, are you planning on updating or adding additional info? Since we've talked, I have found more paper and some additional Arri T.I.s that might be helpful for the Arri S user/collector. One piece is a T.I. on how to use that pesky Periscopic Finder...... <_<

Cheers!

Charlie

9iycft.jpg

• Premium Member

Hey Charlie,

Shoot me a PM and let me know what you have. I've got crates of ARRI paper and was going through some of it today. I might have some already, but would be interested in seeing what you have.

Best,

-Tim

• 4 months later...

Thanks for resurrecting the site! Very useful and fun! I've been kind of looking for an S of late, although I really don't need another camera! Shot my first undergrad film with an M and then my second with an S back in the mid 80s. Cheers!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...