HD motor on ACL I?

Evan Ferrario

I'm sure this must of been covered at one point but I can't seem to find it in other posts.

I have sitting on the shelf from various eclair yard sales:

1) ACL I camera body, this camera was used as a anmation camera and had a special motor. I do not have the motor, all I have is the complete ACL body with a small motor plate.

2) ACL II Heavy Duty motor, I got lucky and got an old spare with another camera.

Now I know the HD duty motor won't work on the ACL I body without modification. I've tracked down a source for a large motor plate adapter. Are there any chances of getting an ACL I to work with the HD motor or are the upgraded electronics of the ACL 1.5 required to run this motor.

If not I supposed I will keep hunting for the right motor, the camera is in very nice condition and worth it to try to get working again instead of sending it out into the land of parts.

Hi Evan,

The HD motor should work on the ACL I, all you need is the large mounting plate. You will not get automatic mirror parking (even if it's an HD motor that has that function) since that's part of the electronics in the base, but the motor should run fine.

Don't pay an arm and a leg for the large mounting plate, I probably have a couple laying around that I could sell for not much if necessary.

Enjoy your camera !

Boris

• 2 weeks later...