Sign in to follow this  
Brian Drysdale

Canon 5D Mark III announced

I use 5D2s at the moment mainly for stills and starting to do video. I wasn't paying that much attention to this camera because I didn't think it was going to be a massive leap and it's not, but now it's out it seems to have just enough good stuff to make it worthwhile.

The headphone socket should be very useful to help me shoot on my own, and it does 60 fps which will make for better slow mo.

I'll probably get one in a few months when cheapish viewfinders are out for it - essential.

as a video shooter, i expected more from the 5d mark III, like clean HDMI with 422 codec, swivel screen, 1080 60p.

maybe they didnt make the swivel screen because of the weather sealing feature, i understand that.

but how about other features? if i was a mark II owner i wouldnt change it,only if magic lantern hack it and add those features, so by then i would go for a change to benefit from the moiré and aliasing reduction which i find pretty awesome features on the 5d III.

as a video shooter, i expected more from the 5d mark III, like clean HDMI with 422 codec, swivel screen, 1080 60p.

maybe they didnt make the swivel screen because of the weather sealing feature, i understand that.

but how about other features? if i was a mark II owner i wouldnt change it,only if magic lantern hack it and add those features, so by then i would go for a change to benefit from the moiré and aliasing reduction which i find pretty awesome features on the 5d III.

Same here, except the Digic 5 processor, and some slight upgrade, 22.3 megapixel isnt much an upgrade form the MarkII, unlike the new D800 and it does have uncompressed HDMI signal output