nothing new?

frederico parreira

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in post production on a short that we shot of the Ikon.

Once we've conformed the footage and colour corrected, I'll post some clips.

Theres a few screen caps on my blog - http://team4films.wordpress.com/ - these arn't properly colour corrected and still a bit magenta in places. When I get more time and I've gone through the online and grade - I'll post in more detail.

• 6 months later...

Very nice!

I'm very tempted by one of these but will wait and see if the Digital Bolex people get their act together, they keep on about how it's going to have the same Kodak censor as the Ikonoskop but so far all the footage from their camera looks terrible when compared to anything shot with the A-cam.

Hopefully once the Black Magic camera starts shipping we'll start to see some reduced price A-cam's on the second hand market.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are some stills from my film "Who is Arvid Pekon?" shot on the Ikonoskop. Most of the look was set in the raw-development in After Effects which was a little bit of a pain in the ass workflow-wise. But the results were stunning so we decided to go for it.

The images look heavily graded but we didn't do much at all, after finding out the Adobe Raw recipe. Just some contrast adjustments + built in film LUT in Speedgrade.

Here are some stills from my film "Who is Arvid Pekon?" shot on the Ikonoskop. Most of the look was set in the raw-development in After Effects which was a little bit of a pain in the ass workflow-wise. But the results were stunning so we decided to go for it.

The images look heavily graded but we didn't do much at all, after finding out the Adobe Raw recipe. Just some contrast adjustments + built in film LUT in Speedgrade.

Waow! Looks superb.

Looks great, all the stuff I've seen from this camera looks really organic, film-like. Could you please share the lenses used?

• 1 year later...

For some time, I wonder what led to the failure of the S16 Ikonoskop.
The idea of ​​creating a simple new S16 camera, even rustic, light and inexpensive really seemed like a good idea. Yet the configuration in which was issued this camera had almost no success, and we understand why: a camera with which it is impossible to focus is virtually unusable camera. I do not myself would have bought it even if I had had money enough. Certainly, one can use wide lenses, but we can not impose on anyone to use only one type of lens. The choice of the focal length with which we work is really part of writing.
While alternative SLR / DSLR was actually an expensive alternative, it was possible simply enough to provide a multifocal viewfinder with parallax correction and the opportunity to focus when not shooting, through a simple device like borescope or critical focuser as on the filmo 70.
It seems to me that if the engineers who designed this camera just wanted to make these changes, sales could restart. Unfortunately, they seem to be interested only in the digital version of this camera ...

(Please, be kind with my poor english, translated by net)

I use the Ikonoskop Super 16 camera, it's become my main camera. The camera as it is, is very limited mainly because there isn't a proper viewfinder, I think this lack of a viewfinder is probably why so many dismied this camera, you're okay with wide shots, but medium shots and particularly close ups are virtually impossible and of course it's imposible to critically focus. I have made a reflex viewfinder using the viewfinder optics from a Kinor 16 [you can find details of how I did this on my website www.lightbreeze.co.uk in the technology section]. The great thing about this camera is its size and lightness, it does run at crystal control speeds too.

Pav

Edited by Pav Deep

• 1 month later...