NiMH Batteries in a Beaulieu 6008

Paco Sweetman

I was going to start using 6 Duracell Rechargeable NiMH batteries in my Beaulieu 6008pro.

Does it matter that the NiMH batteries are 1.25v compared to the 1.5v that are in the Alkaline batteries?

Well, you will need to keep then them charged fully. When full their voltage is lsightyly higher. Like 1.3-1.45

The camera works best with 9volt and plenty of current available. The performance of the camera dimishes when the voltage drops.

I.e. the built-in intervalometer turns unreliable. The exposure system is less agile. Electrozoom goes slower.

The original Beaulieu powerpack based on NiCd has 7 cells rather than 6. 7 cells produce 8.4 nominal.

The 8,4V power pack from Beaulieu was invented in first hand to secure the drive/running when 60m sound cartidges was used. This cartridges sometimes was a bit uneven to drive and sometimes rised the power consumtion a lot in pikes. It´s not the voltage that is important its the amps in battery that secured the camera running. These cartridges are no longer aviable and such problem will not show up. If your camera is in good working condition you will not have any problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you will need to keep then them charged fully. When full their voltage is lsightyly higher. Like 1.3-1.45

The camera works best with 9volt and plenty of current available. The performance of the camera dimishes when the voltage drops.

I.e. the built-in intervalometer turns unreliable. The exposure system is less agile. Electrozoom goes slower.

The original Beaulieu powerpack based on NiCd has 7 cells rather than 6. 7 cells produce 8.4 nominal.

Just give it a try? It doesn't hurt your camera. Monitor the responsiveness of the camera, zoom and EE system

Good luck,