RED Scarlet with Titanium Canon EF mount and Bomb EVF For Sale

Scott Ippolito

Hello,

I just received my Scarlet with titanium Canon mount and Bomb EVF. It's a beautiful camera, but at this point I've decided it's not the best camera for me. It is brand new- just arrived on Friday. Please let me know if you are interested. I prefer cash or bank transfer. If you want to use Paypal you will have to pay the charges.

Just looking to break even. Payed 16,400 so asking 16,400. Buyer pays for shipping method of choice.

Serial number of camera is 290.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

www.scottippolito.com

• Premium Member

Hello,

I just received my Scarlet with titanium Canon mount and Bomb EVF. It's a beautiful camera, but at this point I've decided it's not the best camera for me. It is brand new- just arrived on Friday. Please let me know if you are interested. I prefer cash or bank transfer. If you want to use Paypal you will have to pay the charges.

Just looking to break even. Payed 16,400 so asking 16,400. Buyer pays for shipping method of choice.

Serial number of camera is 290.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

www.scottippolito.com

www.scottippolito.com

I hate to be VERY VERY rude, I do not believe you are just breaking even your making a profit. You are quoting todays prices, you ordered last year at lower Price.

The buyer should be aware that the waranty is NOT transferable, a fee is payable for camera evaluation & a 3 month waranty will be given.

Epics are in stock for immediate shipping, I suspect the wait for Scarlet is very short.

BTW you don't seem to have a way to operate the camera, the buyer would need to buy either a sidehandle, redmote or touch screen plus media if he actually wants to use the camera.

www.scottippolito.com

I hate to be VERY VERY rude, I do not believe you are just breaking even your making a profit. You are quoting todays prices, you ordered last year at lower Price.

The buyer should be aware that the waranty is NOT transferable, a fee is payable for camera evaluation & a 3 month waranty will be given.

Epics are in stock for immediate shipping, I suspect the wait for Scarlet is very short.

BTW you don't seem to have a way to operate the camera, the buyer would need to buy either a sidehandle, redmote or touch screen plus media if he actually wants to use the camera.

Hi Stephen,

I've already found a buyer and since you are so concerned about the pricing I thought I would inform you that I'm am covering the shipping and the transfer fee and inspection fee so by the time all is said and done I really am just about breaking even. Obviously, anyone who is buying the camera understands that they will need other items to use it. Overall, I'm perplexed at your need to chime in on what is patently obvious to anyone in the market for a RED. However, I'm sure there is someone out there who appreciates your two cents.

Best,

Scott

• Premium Member

Hi Stephen,

I've already found a buyer and since you are so concerned about the pricing I thought I would inform you that I'm am covering the shipping and the transfer fee and inspection fee so by the time all is said and done I really am just about breaking even. Obviously, anyone who is buying the camera understands that they will need other items to use it. Overall, I'm perplexed at your need to chime in on what is patently obvious to anyone in the market for a RED. However, I'm sure there is someone out there who appreciates your two cents.

Best,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I am concerned that the 7th post you ever made here was misleading, thats all, other places have lower standards.

Hi Scott,

I am concerned that the 7th post you ever made here was misleading, thats all, other places have lower standards.

I'm glad that cinematography.com has higher standards. I'm just surprised that a sustaining member would be so rude without bothering to find out any details. Announcing that you are sorry for being rude really isn't any salve for the person you are being rude to. Essentially, you've called me a liar- without knowing anything about my post or the way I was going to conduct the transaction. Furthermore, your pointing out that the camera is not ready to shoot without other accessories is beyond ridiculous. Do you comb the forums for people selling cameras without batteries, media or lenses and flag the posts as misleading because the camera isn't ready to shoot all by itself? In the future, perhaps a personal message is a better way for a sustaining member to ferret out what they consider to be misleading posts.

• Premium Member

I'm glad that cinematography.com has higher standards. I'm just surprised that a sustaining member would be so rude without bothering to find out any details. Announcing that you are sorry for being rude really isn't any salve for the person you are being rude to. Essentially, you've called me a liar- without knowing anything about my post or the way I was going to conduct the transaction. Furthermore, your pointing out that the camera is not ready to shoot without other accessories is beyond ridiculous. Do you comb the forums for people selling cameras without batteries, media or lenses and flag the posts as misleading because the camera isn't ready to shoot all by itself? In the future, perhaps a personal message is a better way for a sustaining member to ferret out what they consider to be misleading posts.

Perhaps you are not aware, I am the moderator of the HD forums here & that BTW includes RED.

• Premium Member

Stephen,

Thanks for pointing out the situation with this camera. As we all know, many folks attracted to the Red Scarlet are "newbies" in the filmmaking realm. So much of the RED story is very complicated for folks, it's not like buying a camera from Sony, or Panasonic, or Canon, where it is very clear what is needed to get up and running.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Stephen,

Thanks for pointing out the situation with this camera. As we all know, many folks attracted to the Red Scarlet are "newbies" in the filmmaking realm. So much of the RED story is very complicated for folks, it's not like buying a camera from Sony, or Panasonic, or Canon, where it is very clear what is needed to get up and running.

Best,

-Tim

My pleasure Tim, you can't imagine the tone of a PM I received about this!

He is even going to report me to my boss if I ever contact him again :lol:

Best Stephen

Yes, thank you Stephen. You were a big help in selling the camera. Perhaps you should run off to the forum now and prevent someone from buying a Sony F3 because it doesn't come with lenses and therefore needs other items to be ready to shoot.

My favorite part is that you tried to convince those looking not to buy the camera because YOU THINK that the wait for the Scarlet is short. Is is NOT the moderator's job to go through posts in the marketplace and attach their opinions.

It obviously never occurred to you that I would seek out a competent buyer who understood what they were getting into. As a matter of fact, the buyer is a high-end VFX house who already own a number of EPICs but wanted a Scarlet with the Titanium Canon mount as well. They were willing to pay more to get it faster and that is what was important to them.

You are a smug, bully. You are a moderator for the site, but you don't even understand what the word means. A moderator is neutral by definition. Blasting into my post, and trying to convince people not to buy the camera I'm selling based on your opinions is anything but neutral.

You use your moderator standing as a bully pulpit to be rude. If these are the 'higher standards' you are seeking to maintain then godspeed to you.

From your tone it's obvious that there is no one empowered to check your behavior so please continue posting to this thread so that you can have the joy of getting in the last word. I see now, that you are that type of person. I will continue to block your PMs so that you can have the exhilaration of publicly showing everyone how much smarter and better than me you are.

BTW I had always enjoyed your posts. You are a talented DP and I have learned many things from you, unfortunately your social graces aren't quite up to par with your professional skills.

• Premium Member

I will continue to block your PMs so that you can have the exhilaration of publicly showing everyone how much smarter and better than me you are.

You wrote to me I replied & you wrote back, why would I ever want to waste my time sending you a PM.

You also Friended me yesterday :lol:

I am more than happy to publish our entire conversation, you sent the first shot, it's upto you!

If you look in the Red folder, there has been plenty of banter over the years.

Best Stephen