Hi Guys,

Always shot and assisted with Digital need some help and guidance.

Is there any film beginner links?

Difference between 2 perf vs 3 perf vs 4 perf. I know about saving space on the negative.

Silly question also is when choosing the perf do you frame in camera then tell the post guys how does it all work?

How easy is it to exposure film through the viewfinder? rely on your meter?

Thanks

Sorry if these seem basic question just need guidance :)

"Difference between 2 perf vs 3 perf vs 4 perf. I know about saving space on the negative."

I am currently working on a 2perf show. I do not have as much knowledge as others on this site but I have been researching a lot for it. When you move from 4perf to 2perf, your aspect ratio changes. Obviously 4perf leaves the most room and when you get to 2perf you are in a 2.4 ratio (someone correct me if I am wrong). Many people have concerns shooting 2perf because if something comes into frame you do not have room above or below the frame lines like in 3perf and especially 4perf.

When you get to post and telecine, not every house does 2perf. I know Fotokem in Burbank does, but I am sure there are many around the country that do. As long as they can take the 2perf then most of the telecine part is the same. Since I will be finishing digitally, I cannot speak for how the output would be for distribution.

Exposing is just the same as you would the normal perf size. When I watched projections at kodak, 4perf had the least amount of grain, but I am not sure the look you are going for, etc.

As for links, you can usually just search the the perf size and get some info. But honestly, I do not think you have to change your entire workflow to handle 2perf or 3perf.

Hope it helps.

Nick