Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM or EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

As the title says, which would be the best choice for video purpose?

The 24-70mm f/2.8L or the 24-105mm f/4L?

- the 24-70mm opens one additional stop and according to what I hear delivers terrific image quality

- the 24-105mm although slower, offers a longer focal and has a stabilizer

It would be used with a C300 and DSLRs.

Thanks.

I would probably vote for the 24-105, especially with the C300 since it can shoot at higher speeds, you're probably not going to really need that extra stop, but it would depend on what you're doing too.

If you want more creative control over the depth of field, the 2.8 will give you that extra room to open up if needed. And if you have more creative control, then you can not have to worry about needing to get the extra length to get a shot.

I've shot with the 24-70 before on a MkIV for ENG/run and gun sorta stuff. My real opinion is not to use still lenses, but, budgets, cameras, etc. come in to play.

So the real questions I would say are what are you shooting and what are you hoping to do?

Eh. Maybe rent and see what you like better.

The only things I can point out are the things I already mentioned. More length but f/4, but that's not a bad thing either since you'd probably want a little more depth of field so you're not hunting on focus so much.

But if you're in low light situations a lot, the f/2.8 will help.

I've heard image quality from both is great, so, I think it'll just be personal preference.