Follow Focus: Lanparte or Trust MT

Should I get the Lanparte Follow Focus with hard stops, or the TrsutMT NF4 with hard stops?

I have an opportunity to get them for relatively the same price, and want to know which one is preferred. So far I'm leaning towards the lanparte but im not 100% yet

thanks,

Austin

G'day Austin,

I hope I'm not too late, haha.

The Lanparte, hands down, is the better of the two.

The TrusMT is a budget FF designed to keep costs down.

The Lanparte is designed to be a pro FF at a reasonable cost.

Two different goals and you certainly notice the difference when you use them.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you been offered for each of them??

Cheers,

Josh

Depends on where you're getting the price from as to how expensive they are in comparison to the Lanparte.

As the OP said, he's able to get them for around about the same price.

Both comments on the video you posted aren't exactly helping either as it seems they're all having issues.

Whilst obviously this could be a case of the vocal minority, I haven't had any troubles with the Lanparte A-B Hard Stop FF unit and the only "negative" feedback I've heard from my customers is in relation to extra features; "it would be nice if it was like the Arri and had the knob on both sides of the rails" etc.

The difference in focusing knob is also a huge feature not to overlook. The Lanparte rubber's grip is a hundred times nicer than a generic molded plastic (which is a common theme across many FF units at this price point).

Here's another video review which might help. The TRUSMT unit isn't part of it, but extra information couldn't hurt;

Either one you go for I'm sure you'll have a solid unit, but as I said earlier; if you can get them at around the same price my dollar is on the Lanparte every time.