Music Video In-Camera Effects

I was wondering how they did a few In-camera effects in this video:

1.How did they make the the camera shake at 1:41-1:42 In the video?

2.How did they do the flare at 0:46-0:48 In the video?

3.How did they do the "mirror effect" in-camera at 2:03-2:05 in the video? I watched the behind-the-scenes and they used something to do the effect, but I have no idea what it is or how it works. You can see it at 2:24 in this video:

Any help would be appreciated

I was wondering how they did a few In-camera effects in this video:

1.How did they make the the camera shake at 1:41-1:42 In the video?

2.How did they do the flare at 0:46-0:48 In the video?

3.How did they do the "mirror effect" in-camera at 2:03-2:05 in the video? I watched the behind-the-scenes and they used something to do the effect, but I have no idea what it is or how it works. You can see it at 2:24 in this video:

Any help would be appreciated

My guesses:

1) shot in a mirror that is tapped/shaked/vibrated.

2) a piece of old cut or molded glass in front of the lens catching flares.

3) two mirrors. In the bts it looks like they've got a couple of soft sources on either side of the camera presumably there are also two mirrors on each side of the frame.

My guesses:

1) shot in a mirror that is tapped/shaked/vibrated.

2) a piece of old cut or molded glass in front of the lens catching flares.

3) two mirrors. In the bts it looks like they've got a couple of soft sources on either side of the camera presumably there are also two mirrors on each side of the frame.

For #1, are you saying they shot the mirror instead of where the artists were actually standing?

For #1, are you saying they shot the mirror instead of where the artists were actually standing?

Yes. I think you can see some ghosting in the image from the use of a standard mirror (reflection on rear surface of glass and also dimmer reflection on front surface.)

1)_ plug in i guess like twitch or something ...i dont think its achievable with a mirror

2)_ as jacob told you

3)_ they used a plug in...there's something like that in vegas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQxraZGrSc

hope it's useful :)

This was a question about 'In-camera' effects.

I've done these in-camera effects (or very similar) myself on music videos. They are very easy to do in camera, with a piece of mirror or two.

But yes, you could do it in post.