Website bashing

Hello.

I'm posting this twice on the forum now, if it's a problem then I'll be glad to remove either post. I wasn't really sure which section was intended for stuff like this.

I finally got a website online. I crammed it with most of the stuff I've done during the past five years.

The site can be found here: mikaelg.com

Please feel free to tell me what doesn't do it for you or if there's something you'd remove or change?

No need to be polite, any opinion is welcome!

Best regards,

Mikael Gustafsson

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to read and all your work is presented. I agree with the one page aspect. Perhaps a different format for presenting on the one page but I can't imagine anything better at the moment.

I've battled with exactly how to show all the work. At the moment i've submitted to just the reel. My perfect website would be able to present my own context to the individual work in a few lines.

My website is as simple as it gets. I believe your a few steps ahead of me in that arena.

Your SFP commercial looked great. What a pleasure it must be to shoot a novel concept!

Cheers,

Gregory J Brown

Cinematographer/ Producer/ Director

www.Gregjbrown.com

Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/user4842813

Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gregory-j-brown/1a/15/29a

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Daft_Devil

Hello.

I'm posting this twice on the forum now, if it's a problem then I'll be glad to remove either post. I wasn't really sure which section was intended for stuff like this.

I finally got a website online. I crammed it with most of the stuff I've done during the past five years.

The site can be found here: mikaelg.com

Please feel free to tell me what doesn't do it for you or if there's something you'd remove or change?

No need to be polite, any opinion is welcome!

Best regards,

Mikael Gustafsson

Thank you for replying!

I'm not sure I quite understood, you're not too excited about the layout or?

The visual part is quite easily changeable, the service provider has a bunch of different templates that can be modified in all eternity. I'd recommend Cargo Collective for people needing homepage services(I don't work there, no affiliations). It was easy to use and I managed to do most of it myself.

I've been pondering about that for quite some time now, and the scale is tipping over in favor of getting a reel done.

But at least in my area it seems to shift a bit, sometimes DOP's have reels on their websites and sometimes not. Usually the more established people seem to neglect it, so either I'm posing or way off :)