Applying for NFTS this year? Let's talk reels

Hey

Gonna give NFTS a shot this year. I applied last year but it was half assed and I didn't have 1/10 of the material I have now ready so I'm a bit more optimistic this year.

Anyone here applying? Better yet, anyone already attending or has attended? I'm working on my 15 minute showreel and I'm kind of racking my brain over how this thing is supposed to look. I already have a 2.5 minute short showreel/sizzle reel. Maybe I'll attach that first and then follow up with 13 mintues from each of the films covered there.

Anyway, any advice and comment on my current reel would also be appreciated

http://vimeo.com/35822531

• 1 year later...

Hi Hrafn,

I just checked out your showreel, looks good mate, some really nice stuff on there!

How did you end up cutting your 15min showreel? And have they got back to you yet?

I'm in the process of putting my website & showreel together, and looking to apply next year (for the first time), to

start in 2015- I'll have it online in a couple of weeks hopefully so will put it up on here.

I've volunteered as a camera assistant on short films for student dop's on the course at nfts, and from what they said, in terms of the cut of the showreel, the tutors like to see a selection of entire scenes or short films- depending on duration- rather than a montage reel to music. This is so they can see how the cinematography supports the narrative rather than 'best shots' of various work.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Too Good.. Really loved it. Let us know more - how did you conceived the idea and completed - your experience in short. I see a lot of faces in movie..

Basics of the theme ..any one liner you thought of as basis. I loved the back ground score - can you provide details on this too..

Abhilash Peethambaran