green lighting-natural born killers

im currently in pre production as dp for my final film at uni, and we are planning a few scenes with a sickly green lights similar to "Natural Born Killers" but not so the full set is illuminated green, more just sleceted areas down a corridor having this green glow. I will be shooting on a 5d mkii so will be open on changing colour temperature to help achieve this. what i need to know is which lights, gels, and colour temperature would create these greens?

thanks for any help and advice

• Premium Member

im currently in pre production as dp for my final film at uni, and we are planning a few scenes with a sickly green lights similar to "Natural Born Killers" but not so the full set is illuminated green, more just sleceted areas down a corridor having this green glow. I will be shooting on a 5d mkii so will be open on changing colour temperature to help achieve this. what i need to know is which lights, gels, and colour temperature would create these greens?

thanks for any help and advice

I believe those scenes used greenscreen tubes in the fixtures, which put out a very narrow bandwidth of pure saturated color. If you don't want to go that far, you could try setting your camera to 3200K and then gelling Cool White tubes with full Plus Green gel or something similar.

For more on special greenscreen tubes, see:

http://kinoflo.com/Kino%20Flo%20lamps/Visual%20Effects%20and%20Designer%20Colors/Visual%20Effects%20and%20Designer%20Colors.htm

• 1 year later...