Lemo Connectors?

• Premium Member
cheap lemo connectors

Oxymoron.

There are places in China which make knockoff Lemos, but there have been some quite serious problems with them - polarizing lugs missing or incorrectly placed, etc, leading to damaged equipment. They also tend not to want to sell small quantities.

I have not personally found a good low-cost solution to this problem; I'm afraid you might have to pay the expensive Swiss people the price they demand.

• Premium Member

I think like Phil said, cheap and Lemo don't share the same address. I bought some cheap Chanel No 5 once, only to notice too late that the label actually read Chaneli No 5. Lost a girlfriend over that one.

The Keywolf site is a blatant Lemo knock-off, though they have the gall to say their product is "designed here in the United States" while the components are "sourced from low-cost countries such as Mexica, China, Taiwan and Malaysia". I'm not sure how much design is involved in copying a product right down to the square-knurled casing, but since it was done in the US I guess we can rest easy. Their discount price is contingent on an order of 5000 or more.

You might find some small variations in the cost of proper Lemo connectors, but nothing I'd call cheap. I bite the bullet and buy mine from the local Lemo distributor (who know their product line and keep a good inventory), and unless a truck drives over them they tend to have a very long life. Most commonly over time the casing gets chewed or deformed but you can buy the shell alone and replace it for much less than a whole connector. I've made the mistake of buying cheap brand connectors (for other applications) and found that the cost of a failure during a shoot is not worth the few dollars saved initially.

• 3 months later...

Hey Guy,

Have a nice weekend!

This is Daimen from Touch Company,we are the most professional manufactufurer of alternative lemo connectors in china for more than ten years. you can browse our website:www.touch-sz.com. including B series,S series,K series,C series,F series,P series,2E series,BP series etc.

sale4@touch-sz.com is my email.Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

regards,

Daimem

Mob:86 13590278820

MSN:sale4@touch-sz.com

• 4 months later...

Happy New year to all !

Sorry to Phil for the late reply.

Yes, we supply the small quantities .if you want to place an order, just tell me the Model Numbers of Lemo (or photos) and quanitties,then i will send you the quotation,we will send you the cargo by Express after received your payment.

My email:sale4@touch-sz.com. Tell:86-755-89472290-811

Regards,

Daimem

Touch Technology (Shen zhen) Co.,Ltd

5/F west of B7 Bldg. Tianrui Industrial Park,Fuyuan First Road,Fuyong Town,Shenzhen,China

• 3 weeks later...