CP16 Adapter

Robert Hogan

Howdy folks, new around here. Been reading the forum and could not find a satisfactory answer as to the where's and what's of a CP16's lovely unique mount adapter to... anything more common. I have an offer to purchase a CP16, with two mags and a zoom lens (For $800). I'm seriously debating whether this is the right route, or if I should finally move over to a digital production camera. What will sway my opinion is if there is any available adapter to either EOS, ARRI, or Nikon. Also, what is the availability of parts for this camera? Thanks for your time!

Robert

Howdy folks, new around here. Been reading the forum and could not find a satisfactory answer as to the where's and what's of a CP16's lovely unique mount adapter to... anything more common. I have an offer to purchase a CP16, with two mags and a zoom lens (For $800). I'm seriously debating whether this is the right route, or if I should finally move over to a digital production camera. What will sway my opinion is if there is any available adapter to either EOS, ARRI, or Nikon. Also, what is the availability of parts for this camera? Thanks for your time!

Robert

There are two types of CP-16: the regular CP-16 which is non-reflex and the CP-16R which is reflex.

On the CP-16R, you can get adapters for Nikon or Arri. EOS lenses have no mechanical aperture control.

On the regular CP-16, you're pretty much stuck with the zoom that comes with it.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Edited by Jean-Louis Seguin

Are you talking about a CP16 camera with a dog leg viewfinder attached to the zoom or a CP16R. The former only really works with a zoom lens with the V/F attached to it - the camera itself is non reflex. The CP16R has a CP mount and you can get adapters for Arri Bayonet and old manual Nikon mounts.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a couple versions of the Nikon adapter out there and they should be relatively easy to find. Visual Products probably has them and also Whitehouse. There are also Arri to CP adapters you can put on the individual lenses.

• 1 year later...

i think there is a cp16r adapter made by cinema products,,it is a adapter mount the fits over another lens with the cp16r bayonet pins on outside,,i seen on for an auction on ebay for the whole camera kit,,but he would not sell me only adapter,,it had cp logo on it and made by cinema products,,,so they did make a special adapter for there cp16r camera,,but maybe sooo very hard to find now,,,i wish i could find one,,,i was wondering if a b4 mount would fit the cp16r mount??the angenouix lens is ok but not the sharpest on corners,,nikon adapter i only seen 1 in my life and that was photo,,,too bad,,the cp16 is sooo quiet,,great for sound filming,,,