Nikon D3200

Joel Balik

What are your thoughts on the visuals of this camera? Ideally I was after a 1/50 - 1/60 motion shutter, but returned a variable ND filter last week so I had to work around a cold buy sky with random low level clouds peaking bursts every now and then. I am after a true-match variable ND. I love the detail from this 24mp baby. If it were only a high bit rate camera it would be #1 in my opinion. I'm not too concerned that it doesn't have a cine gamma curve option like other DSLR's. In fact this quality reminds me of 2/3inch highly compressed ENG cameras. You could easily do wildly cinematography with this little guy. I had to apply some rolloff tint for the high skies in some shots. The second shot with the white horse was tricky because its high back is clipping, but I still wanted to maintain some high glare off the darker horses which looks ok. I switched around portrait and landscape color curve settings during the shoot. What I really need is an external monitor because I am not sure if my 3x hood viewfinder is accurately representing the color from the 3inch LCD, or perhaps this loaner laptop I'm using for travel atm has horrible color representation. It would be nice if this DSLR had a higher bitrate so that I could feel comfortable setting everything to Neutral color schemes with no hard contrast or sharpness. Let me know what you think.

http://vimeo.com/42710260