Release Lightworks NLE Available

Brian Drysdale

The latest Lightworks version 11.1 is now released.

New Lightworks Release 11.1 Now Available To Download

Key features are native MP4/H.264 mov handling and the new EditShare Licensing Service (ELS). The Later overcoming problems that people has with HASP Licensing.

Lightworks v11.1 - New Features Overview

There are two versions the Free and the Pro with an annual subscription. Also new is a 30 day free trial of the Pro version that currently being offered with the Free version. 11.1 now also transcodes some consumer codecs for importing into the Free Versions, while the Pro version can edit them natively. 64 bit is only available in the Pro Version.

For Free version users EyeFrame developed by Lightwork's forum users, converts to Lightworks friendly codecs EyeFrame - easy convert video to and from Lightworks with time code, reel name and proxies

I gather version 11.2 is now on the stocks and will feature 4k and is due out later in the year. The current version only handles RED in those larger resolutions.

I gather version 11.2 is now on the stocks and will feature 4k and is due out later in the year. The current version only handles RED in those larger resolutions.

A Correction: 8bit, 10bit and 16bit DPX files are fully supported in Lightworks for import and export, at resolutions up to 4K.

There are another 4 Shark Byte tutorials, these deal with Drag & Drop,

I gather Editshare is hoping to introduce off line activation for Lightworks in the near future.

BTW If anyone has any suggestions for features on Lightworks, the developers do read their Feature Requests section. The suggestions can cause a bit of debate, but over time quite a few do turn up in the program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are three more shark byte tutorials. These cover media management, plus Windows installing & activating Lightworks Version 11.1. I assume the latter is an updated version.

On their forum, they are asking what further Shark Byte tutorials the Lightworks users would like.

Edited by Brian Drysdale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 3rd, 4th & 5th Sept Lightworks are be running a 1-hour webinar that introduces the Lightworks editing software. These sessions are for new users who want to get to grips with the Lightworks environment and learn some useful techniques too.

Each webinar is divided into 45-minute tutorials with 15 minutes for questions afterwards.

Places are limited to 30 per session; to guarantee a place you need to register now.

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from demonstrating Lightworks across three platforms - Windows, Linux and MAC OS X at IBC. Lightworks will also be revealing their latest software release 11.2 which includes improvements to the user interface, support for AJA I/O devices, additional export options for Pro users and major sync group improvements.

I gather 11.2 will demoed on the Linux platform at IBC. After that I suspect it will go through their usual alpha or beta testing process with users before the release version comes out.

Here's an interview with Robbie Fleming talking about Lightworks in general and showing some version 11.2 features, including the use of multi camera. They're expecting the mac version to be out as an alpha in Q4 - this is the usual procedure with Lightworks, they like to do testing with users.

Another public beta; 11.1.1. O http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=19&id=54346&Itemid=81

This build fixes several issues reported by users. It also adds support for AAF interchange with Blackmagic Resolve (v10 Beta) Along with automatically adding the clip name as the Reel ID (if one is not present) on import.

The 11.1.1.P public beta, which fixes several issues reported

http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=19&id=54606&Itemid=81

The release version of 11.1.1 is now scheduled for next week.

Due to some of the considerable changes to the next version 11.2, Lightworks will be renaming it 11.5 to represent the half way change between version 11 and version 12.