I'm looking for a Nikon to Canon EF Mount Adaptor

Alex Fuchs

Nikon to Canon EF mount adaptor

I don't really think there is a major brand producing these.

I got mine on eBay for 10 Euros (from a dutch seller),

it's metal, mounts my Nikkor lenses to a Canon and that's it...

Gruß aus München (Greetings from Munich) ;)

Phil

Edited by Phil Soheili

Hi Phil,

there are some brands which produce adapter rings, but there are very different in quality. I think I take a Novoflex EOS/NIK-NT Adapter, but maybe somebody here has a better suggestion/experience.

Cheers & Thanks,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I get involved in a lot of animation work, where Nikon-on-Canon is common.

The quality of adapters varies greatly, and it doesn't help that Canon EF mounts have a bit of natural play to start with because the rear contact surface on the ears is actually a spring plate.

I animation, we've ended up removing the Camera's EF mount entirely and replacing it with Nikon hardmount, but that has its obvious disadvantages if you ever want to use your still camera as a still camera.

Short of that, the absolute best solution I've found are the Leitax adapters (leitax.com).

They are actual replacements for the Nikon mount on the lens. You remove the 3 to 6 screws that hold on the Nikkors F-mount and put a new Canon EF mount adapter over it. You then use the supplied (longer) screws to solidly mount the new flange to the lens. The operation is reversible, just don't loose the original screws.

Yeah, it's kind of a pain, but if you're doing a lot of this sort of thing to begin with, the odds are pretty good that you have a set of Nikkors that are semi-dedicated to this task anyway.

As far as more conventional adapters go, we tend to find that most of the slop is on the Nikon side of the mount. Often times a little judicious adjustment of the ear springs works wonders. Typically, the "spring" is just a slit that you can spread a bit with a small screwdriver.

Also, it helps to have several adapters and keep one on each lens. They're cheap, and once you get one on a lens solidly, you don't want to futz with it if you can help it. You can even put a tiny dab of hot-melt on the joint with a toothpick to minimize play.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good Nikon to Canon EF mount adaptor to operate on a 5D. Any suggestions which is the best? Thanks!

Cheers,

Alex

I use the Fotodiox adapter to mount Nikon AI series lenses on Canon 5D Mark II. They are fairly good and you get the pro version for about $ 80. access the following url

http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/lens-mount-adapters.html

hope this helps