Ultra Short Film "Der Ring" (The Ring)

Hello all

Please have a look at my latest cinematography work "Der Ring".

It's in german but I think it's pretty self explanatory (and also, I'm posting this for the cinematography):

A couple discovers that the wife's ring and jewelry is missing from their hotel room, which leads to a heavy argument.

It was shot on a Sony F3 in March 2012, in a single 18 hour night/day.

Any crtique is very welcome.

Thanks for watching

Jonas

Btw SPOILER: the second to last sentence means: "It's only jewelry!"

You guys did a good job, it looks great.

A few minor critiques('minor' being the key word): Continuity error at around 54 seconds with the refrigerator door when it jumps to the POV shot; New camera position beginning at around 2:05(at the couch)is a bit disorientating; the dialogue shots back and forth between the man and women(begginging at 2:15) add to the spatial disorientation. It is a bit confusing how their position relates to the man behind the curtain, and how he would be able to see them from where he is hiding.

What gear did you use, beside the F3?

Kind Regards

Ian

Edited by Ian Drake

You guys did a good job, it looks great.

A few minor critiques('minor' being the key word): Continuity error at around 54 seconds with the refrigerator door when it jumps to the POV shot; New camera position beginning at around 2:05(at the couch)is a bit disorientating; the dialogue shots back and forth between the man and women(begginging at 2:15) add to the spatial disorientation. It is a bit confusing how their position relates to the man behind the curtain, and how he would be able to see them from where he is hiding.

What gear did you use, beside the F3?

Kind Regards

Ian

Hey Ian

Thanks a lot for viewing it.

I agree that the spatial orientation isn't always as clear as it should be. That was probably the hardest part of it all. The director and I discussed the camera positions for hours and hours.

We used Zeiss CP.2 and Red Pro Prime Lenses, and shot with the S-Log feature, recorded to a pix 240.

A picture of the fully rigged camera: http://dynamic-frame.ch/images/makingof/makingof2_big.jpg

The room was on the third floor, so the moon light is coming from 3 Arri T1 Fresnles on a condor.

The interior was mainly lit with the practicals and a 650W Soft box.

We also had a small pipe dolly.

Regards

Jonas