Huey Oneil

Which Camera?

Hello,

I am an indépendant editor with some filming experience. I am looking into making a documentary on something about Commercial Connection pilots, or something on how small airlines such as Bahamas Air. The documentary would be about the stresses and life of a pilot. If I were to go on how a small airline how they function. To get to the point, I am looking for a durable camera that can be taken places. I want it to have the versatility (ex. Using it for interviews and taking into the cockpit to shoot the flight). I have no preference on whether it should be shoulder mounted or handheld. If you have any suggestions for a camera please respond.

P.S. If you have any other documentary suggestions please tell me. And if anyone knows what hiring a narrator would cost for a 1 1/2 hour documentary.

Thanks,

Huey

If you have any detailed questions email me

That is not quite what I am looking for. I am looking for something more of a pure bread video camera. Not DSLR and I don't want it to use Nikon Lenses (As mentioned in the feed). If it is really needed for my application I can possibly go up in price to maybe 30K at the most. But as the other feed said the lower the better. What do you think about the Ikegami HDS-V10/E GFCAM Tapeless HD Camcorder? If there is anything better at a cheaper price I am open to suggestions, but please read the top to see what I really need thank you. (I am also looking for a price on a narrator)

In that thread the FS100 (and soon to be released FS700). I shoot documentary style stuff with the FS100 and have a Nikon adapter as well as a PL. Also can use canon lenses or Sony.

For narration, maybe try voices.com

It has not been released yet, but how about the Black Magic Cinema Camera? Their add is on this page. At least on paper, it seems to be a winner.

In that thread the FS100 (and soon to be released FS700). I shoot documentary style stuff with the FS100 and have a Nikon adapter as well as a PL. Also can use canon lenses or Sony.

For narration, maybe try voices.com

Thank you. I will look into that camera and narrative site.

It has not been released yet, but how about the Black Magic Cinema Camera? Their add is on this page. At least on paper, it seems to be a winner.

Thank you...I am looking into that now too.