Ghosting Image in my video

https://vimeo.com/39582627

Check out seconds 19 and 20 in this video. There is almost a duplicate image of the guy and its as if the image was duplicated and had a low opacity added to the video. I shot this on the 7d and it may be the lens (stock) or it could have been the editor, final cut. Any idea? This has shown up in another one of my videos under the same circumstances so its not a first.

https://vimeo.com/39582627

Check out seconds 19 and 20 in this video. There is almost a duplicate image of the guy and its as if the image was duplicated and had a low opacity added to the video. I shot this on the 7d and it may be the lens (stock) or it could have been the editor, final cut. Any idea? This has shown up in another one of my videos under the same circumstances so its not a first.

This looks like a reflection bouncing between glass elements before hitting the image plane. It can happen with some lenses and/or stacked filters when you have a hot light source in the frame. Near the end of the shot in question the camera turns slightly toward the sun, which makes the effect more pronounced. However, you can see the effect creeping in before that as the subject becomes more back lit from the sun.

This looks like a reflection bouncing between glass elements before hitting the image plane. It can happen with some lenses and/or stacked filters when you have a hot light source in the frame. Near the end of the shot in question the camera turns slightly toward the sun, which makes the effect more pronounced. However, you can see the effect creeping in before that as the subject becomes more back lit from the sun.

Ah ok. Yeah could have been the Nd I had on it

• 3 weeks later...