Filming with RED ONE at 50 degrees

Kareem Seif

Hey all,

I'm having a 10 day shoot at a gas plant next month and the temperature will reach 50 degrees. I have never worked in such weather conditions and I don't know if the RED one would handle such heat.

Any ideas on how to overcome this or past experiences of filming with the red in such extreme conditions?

Thanks!

Chuck a Red, Alexa, Phantom etc.. into an underwater housing and wham there you have those conditions you're talking about (transistor switching heat builds up pretty fast).

Most extreme solution in that case I've heard of was to put dry ice in there (and regularly purge the excess pressure from sublimation). I heard it via the camera techs at the hire place Dom Jeager works at, but worked with it on a phantom underwater shoot recently, the housing was like a zip up bag so you could see the pressure build. It really could be as simple as that, ice bags between shots and so on.

• Premium Member

You might need a nice long sleeve shirt or a light sweater, but the camera would be fine, oh wait, what's that? you're talking about celcius?

*googles celcius to fahrenheit conversions*

jesus christ, that's hot.

:blink: