infinite white

Hi I am planing to shoot a music video.I would like to know how to create a infinite white background?.

Well you could do it in front of a well lit white backdrop and jack the exposure up in post. It would have to be extremely well lit though. The other thing you could do would be to film it in front of a green screen then you could replace the green with whatever colour you wanted. Hope this helps.

@pjscott89

Edited by PETER JAMES SCOTT

• 4 weeks later...

How large is the viewing space you will have in your shot? If you need something wide at least once, I would get a 20x20 sheet of white, put it in a frame and support it vertically. You can obviously go smaller in size.

I wouldn't green screen it, that may give you a harsh edge on your subjects in frame.

As long as your subjects are lit the way you like, play with the background by bringing in the light, I personally like using Kino Flo lights to hit a backdrop like that, as well as maybe a pair of 5Ks (from above and the sides) and if you want it to be infinite, just make sure it is even.

Also make sure your subjects are between 10-12 feet (sometimes even further depending on the punch of your key light) away from the backdrop, in order to make sure you don't create shadows.