Interlaced or Progressive scan?

Joao freire

Hello,

The digital cinematography allows the PD and his team, an aesthetic choice between television and cinema aesthetics.

What are the principles that make these 2 different plastic forms to record images, (interlaced versus progressive scan) with its advantages and disadvantages of each?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Edited by Joao Freire Pelica

Can you spell "homework question"?

I am preparing a work about this subject, and is difficult to find topics with credibility, because we all know the implications and advantages of interlaced and progressive scans, or better, I have not that much of experience to dwell about this subject with such certainty. And as it is not known which of them it will resist for a long time, liked understand which one will die. Liked to understand a little more about the choices of the director of photography, for better understand why to choose a camera for a specific project and not the other. I'm talking about cinema, documentary, commercials, or just for television. Not sure if I make myself clear or not!

Best regards,

João Freire

Asking at cinematography.com for credibility ?

Sure there are many who are very credible here, but how on earth can you trust them without having put in some effort to deduce who they are ?

Meanwhile there is this great website with lots of articles on subjects such as interlaced and progressive scan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Asking at cinematography.com for credibility ?

Sure there are many who are very credible here, but how on earth can you trust them without having put in some effort to deduce who they are ?

Meanwhile there is this great website with lots of articles on subjects such as interlaced and progressive scan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

If your intelligence questioned my innocence in wanting to know a little more about this subject, so I tell you, that Chris Millar is very wrong about me.

I do not think is the right person to communicate with strangers. When you treat me this way so cold, I start to have some doubts about you. How is possible to call into question the credibility of a forum so seriously, do I have to usher in another way, and show you my psychological evidence? Be more friendly and more communicative, and be open to further discussions. if not, is that you're in the wrong place.

• Premium Member

I think we may be hitting a bit of a language barrier here. Let's give the guy a bit of slack.

Joao, the big problem with your initial question is that it is a very general one. I could write a thousand words on the subject, but while I'm happy to help where I can, a forum isn't a great place to have that sort of discussion.

Do you have a particular project in mind? Is there some specific issue you're having when working with interlaced scan cameras?

P