Opener video for high school daily news cast

Hey all,

For my advanced video program at my high school we put on a daily news cast for the morning announcements that broadcasts to the school... On our first couple of shows we present our crew of that year in a short opening video. As my senior year it was my turn to be incharge of filming it.

We shot it at Venice beach, California. But during the whole shoot I was getting hassled to be quicker because I was only given an hour and a half to film the entire project which only gave about to ten minutes for everyone's little segment. The people in the program also focus more on "just getting it done" rather than taking a little more time to make it look better. I was only aloud to shoot with the Tri-pod and the camera nothing else, not even a small reflector because my teacher was worried about permits.

But in the end I was able to get it done, some of the effects are a little warpy because it was our first time working with super slow motion shots, and the color is a little off from exporting it quickly but you get the point... Tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading,

Cristian

• Premium Member

Hey, that's really not bad. Decent highlight control given the sunlight. What did you shoot it on and how did you choose exposures?

You may have figured this out by now, but if you shoot the scenes you're intending to slow down at a faster shutter speed, it'll interpolate better. It's not like you were short of light, anyway.

If only we all lived in places where the sun always shines - oh well, shouldn't complain, it was 94 degrees here yesterday, and I had to sit next to a big computer and edit all day in a room with no air conditioning.

P

Hey, that's really not bad. Decent highlight control given the sunlight. What did you shoot it on and how did you choose exposures?

You may have figured this out by now, but if you shoot the scenes you're intending to slow down at a faster shutter speed, it'll interpolate better. It's not like you were short of light, anyway.

If only we all lived in places where the sun always shines - oh well, shouldn't complain, it was 94 degrees here yesterday, and I had to sit next to a big computer and edit all day in a room with no air conditioning.

P

Thanks Phil,

I shot on the canon T2i with some ND for my 50mm, and a 17-50mm with no ND. For exposure, I just watched the built-in light meter on the camera and underexposed slightly, and set my my ISO around 400.

For my shutter speeds, I did shoot at a higher shutter speed, but after shooting I realized I could have gone higher.

thanks for the Reply Phil!