Excision

I accidentally came across "Excision", a quite interesting debut-film for lovers of very dark humor and uncompromising horror-drama. Particulary impressive is the performance of AnnaLynne McCord and interesting cameos (Ray Wise, Malcolm MacDowell, John Waters...).

Since this is a low budget production with limited release I thought it might profit from some "word-of-mouth propaganda", I think the director/writer and main actress have potential!

What might be interesting for us regarding cinematography (and therefore a post in this forum) was the presentation on a 4k DLP Barco on a big screen during the "Fantasy Filmfest" in Berlin. I think it was shot on a RED MX or Epic, resolution was fine and low-light scenes looked good, but colors were occassionally off and clipped highlights made bright exterior scenes very video-ish. IMHO, it's still a long way from the 35mm-sourced-films I watched on the very same screen, especially since it's limited budget apparantly didn't allow for extensive color-correction.

Does anybody have additional technical information?