arri2c accessory questions

Guest howard

Guest howard

I recently purchased a IIC. Now I would like to get a mattebox for it, I would also like to get some additional lenses. What type of support system do I need for long lenses, follow focus, mattebox etc.? I do not have a flat motor, I have the original style motor. I would also like some feedback on the Tobin variable speed crystal sync flat motor that is available for the IIC.

Thats it for now.

Thanks

Howard

If you have a PL mount front - then the cheapest option is to get a Arri Lightweight MB that clips onto the lens (as long as you are using lightweight lenses (most Primes are OK)

There was a company on eBay selling a unit that allowed you to connect rods to a pistol grip 2C (I think) - here is the link for one that was sold

Arri Support

Some of the 2C's have a support rod on the top right of the camera body - there is an adaptor available to allow you to connect a single rod there - which could be used to mount some support or accessories.

If you have the standard ari mount then that top rod is designed to allow you to support the MB for those lenses

The motors - you pay for what you get. CE base is best but a Cine60 base with crystal handgrip does the job.

thanks

Rolfe