Power consumption eos 7d with smallhd per day?

Markus Rave

I will be shooting with a Canon 7D fitted with a small HD monitor both fitted with Canon batts. Client has three batts and thinks we get through the day. I have my doubts but don't know since this is my first shoot with prosumer equipment. Could pleas share someone his experience with this issue. We will be shooting whole day plus an interview with the client and I guess it may well become a 10 hrs day.

Any advice??

Small HD website states that the monitor will go 4 hours on 2 batteries but you can hot swap the batteries if necessary. The 7D might go about 2 hours maybe if you are recording without any breaks. But even if you are in a cool environment the camera doesn't do well after about 4 hours of recording straight the sensor needs to cool off. If you are in a hot environment (lot's of lights or outside high temps) then the 7D will check out with a temp overheat warning after about an hour or so it simply varies. If you are going to record with the 7D I would bring a second body use one in the morning and one the afternoon and I would bring at bare minimum 6 batteries and three chargers this way you keep your camera and your monitor up and running.