Replacement Pellicle for Cine-Special

Guest Ian Marks

Guest Ian Marks

Here's a bizarre question - I have an ancient Kodak Cine-Special with a "PAR" modification turning it into a full reflex camera. It uses a very thin pellicle mirror to divert light to the viewing system. A while back I stupidly broke the pellicle with my thumb. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement? Also, does anyone know a technician who specializes in these cameras?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Michael Carter
Here's a bizarre question - I have an ancient Kodak Cine-Special with a "PAR" modification turning it into a full reflex camera. It uses a very thin pellicle mirror to divert light to the viewing system. A while back I stupidly broke the pellicle with my thumb. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement? Also, does anyone know a technician who specializes in these cameras?

Steve's Cameras in McKeesport PA very near Pittsburgh on Rt. 48 South at the Boston bridge. He used to shoot football matches for HS and process the films with his many Cine Specials. He'd have the part and the know how. He sold me some camera sets of the same and fixed them.

Michael Carter