Where to buy a 2c...

charles g clark

Good evening gentlemen,

The end of the financial year is upon us again and that means bonus time(hopefully!!!).Been wanting to buy a 2c/b for a while only found them on ebay and visual products.Does anyone know of anywhere else where i can find one?I do live in Blighty...

Thanks in advance chaps..

Charles

Depends how many accessories you have. Depends how well you know a 2C (can you spot a chipped shutter :) ) - cause then you can put an advert in the trade papers or speak to people and buy from an individual. Speak to Arri GB and Munich - they might be able to put you in contact with someone

If you have none then it is better to go physically to the company and bargain. The reason being they might sell a complete kit cheaper than you buying the camera and then over 2 years buying all the accessories seperately. Being there also gives you the advantage of testing the kit, running one model | company against another.

Having said that VP are excellent, friendly and helpful. Arri GB (Allan F) have nothing but praise for them as well - so they are good!

Decide which you need

Camera

Motor

Mags

Batteries

Video Assist

Base (CE or Cine60 or Roma)

Cables

Lenses

Ground glasses

Matte Box

Base plates

Risers

Rods

Tools (arri tool set)

Maintenance materials (Oil, Arri grease, fuses etc)

My advice would be go to LA - stay somewhere cheap and go to all the major companies and bargain. Otto Nemenz, Alan Gordon, etc etc - and with the weak U$D it is in your advantage. And VP will ship to LA.

I would also take a DV cam and get the camera tech to explain every single part - which you DV film - eg how to take the mag mech apart to clean chips out etc.

You will come away feeling much better about it. And soon learn who knows about the camera

thanks

Rolfe

Thanks for the advice Rolfe.Would love to make it out to LA and hunt around in that lovely sunshine(its a bit foggy here and i can only see 3 feet outside my window!!),but alas with company restructuring I wouldn't be able to do that till the end of the second quater,so I mite have to find a reputable company and buy on faith!Vp do seem to be the top runners..

So has anyone else bought one from them?(or any other company)

I dont mind paying a little more for something if its been well maintained by a professional company, as you pointed out I wouldn't spot a chipped shutter if you labelled it up for me! :blink:

Thanks again chaps

Charles

• Premium Member

Hey,

I bought my IIB from www.visualproducts.com. It had 6 month warranty. Works great. They don't sell ebay-grade bargains. However, you will get quality for the price. Tell them that Paul from Easton Pictures sent you. That won't cut the price or anything but I'd sure appreciate the referrence.