...ok, but what does the button do?

Steve Ford

Well, we just got a new SDX900 and I'm combing through the operators manual and found references to different buttons...where they are and how to turn them on and off...the problem is that in some cases, I have no clue as to what the button does when it is either turned on or off. My question is, are there additional reference materials available? If so where and who to I bribe to get them? :D

Well, we just got a new SDX900 and I'm combing through the operators manual and found references to different buttons...where they are and how to turn them on and off...the problem is that in some cases, I have no clue as to what the button does when it is either turned on or off. My question is, are there additional reference materials available? If so where and who to I bribe to get them? :D

You don't say where you are located so I don't know if you have a PAL or NTSC camera. Here in the states, all you need to do is register your US camera with me and I will send you a copy of GOodman's Guide to the SDX900. Send an email with your serial number, where you purchased and your shipping address to me and I will ship the book. In other countries you will need to purchase. In PAL countries, the PAL version of the Goodman's Guide will be debuting at NAB 2005.

Hope that helps,

Jan

• Premium Member

Hi,

In the US, you get a copy of Magic Bullet with your DVX-100.

In the US, you get the Goodman's Guide with your SDX-900.

In the US, Adobe Premiere costs half what it does in the UK.

Anyone still wondering why you have an immigration problem?!

Phil

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Is there any other reference or source for learning more about all the functions of the SDX900? I want to know this camera as well as anyone.

I shoot quite a bit with the SDX-900 and I bought a copy of the Goodman Guide from Abel Cine-tech in NY:

http://www.abelcine.com/Sales/abelsalesframeset.html

Call them and they'll send you one pronto. It's $99.00 as I recall. It will answer ALL your questions about the camera and it's actually a pretty good read. You won't believe how it ends!