mounting brech lock lens on K-3

Charles MacDonald

• Premium Member

With a spirit of adventure inspired by recent discussions of the K-3 I decided to get one for myself to learn about these famous beasts first hand. a slightly beat up looking package arrived from the ukrane a few weeks later and contains both a camera and a lens. The lens almost but not quite fits the camera.

Are there variations of the Russian Breach lock mount? is the lens for another type of camera? the round part of the mount looks like it would need about 1 millimeter more room to fit in the opening.

I documented the situation in a flicker album at http://flic.kr/s/aHsjC7uQBy

The camera seems to make the right sounds, and I can see somthing in the finder if I hold a projector lens the right distance from the lens mount. The lens itself looks fairly good, although the infinity stop does not line up.

Any positive sugestions welcome.

You have the right lens for that mount. That's what I have and the lens does fit. You twist the mount lugs so that the open slots line up, fit the lens lugs into the slots, then release the mount lugs and tighten.

As Jean said it apparently needs a little work.

In the photo the lens doesn't seem to be square in the mount- maybe it's not the circle it should be?

• Premium Member

In the photo the lens doesn't seem to be square in the mount- maybe it's not the circle it should be?

New data point today. I "doubled down and Bought another camera, which arrived today from the Ukraine. The lens from the new camera does not fit the body of the existing camera, but both lenses fit the new camera. SO the problem seems to be in the mount.

The new camera still have the film loading guides, which actually do have an mechanism to move slightly out of the way and the mirror on the shutter has even more scratches than the first camera. this means the viewfinder is incredibly hazy.

Time to bring in my Engine Tools (bore measuring feelers) from the Garage to see if I can find out if the mount is round all the way.