Getting Experience ...

Hi everyone,

I'm Lorenzo nice to meet you all. This is my first post in the forum but I have been following discussions for a while.

I just wanna ask you guys some tips to gain experience as a DP. Cause i did an introductory course on filmmaking, and I want to go ahead and built my craft as a cinematographer. I am not sure, though, how to get into it. I still have to shoot a couple of projects for the class and that's experience, but after that I am pretty lost ! I don't really know how to get some experience !

Just try to get gigs on CL for just everykind of position that allow me to be on set ? like PA or grip ? or AC ? I am willing to work for free at the beginning.

Maybe you guys know some places or website where i can start off interning or working on some projects !

thank you

I live in NY, maybe there is someone here willing to help out that would be great ! :D

You live in NY and you can't find jobs? that's weird, I would have thought there will be a lot of production happening there. Anyway, have you try Craiglist yet? I found my first job on set as a PA in Houston which doesn't have a lot of production but I'm thinking you should be able to find some job through there.

• 4 weeks later...

Try film production job boards, e.g. http://www.mandy.com/1/filmtvjobs.cfm?jt=nyc

If you are in Likedin join one of their many Film Job Boards (by location) In any case be persistent but also patient, it might take time. Take ANY production job that will get you onto the set or location and then be the most helpful person around,

Good luck in your search!

• 3 weeks later...