S16 Digital Camera Sensors

Alex Balkam

Hello All,

I have a question for the forum: I am curious to compile a complete and comprehensive list of ALL HD Digital Cameras on the present market that have a proper sensor for shooting with S16 PL mount Optar Primes.

I hope to have a list for quick review. I am looking to revitalize a wealth of quality Optar lenses and want the premium HD Camera for accomplishing this. At present, my research has revealed very few candidates (If anyone lists the BMCC please offer a clarifying explanation of exactly which focal lengths will cover the sensor).

Thank you,

Hello All,

At present, my research has revealed very few candidates (If anyone lists the BMCC please offer a clarifying explanation of exactly which focal lengths will cover the sensor).

Thank you,

The AF100/101 from Panasonic is another one that may or may not quite work with the lenses, rather like the BMCC. The Red One has a 2k mode that will work if I remember correctly too.

love

Freya

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have a question for the forum: I am curious to compile a complete and comprehensive list of ALL HD Digital Cameras on the present market that have a proper sensor for shooting with S16 PL mount Optar Primes.

I hope to have a list for quick review. I am looking to revitalize a wealth of quality Optar lenses and want the premium HD Camera for accomplishing this. At present, my research has revealed very few candidates (If anyone lists the BMCC please offer a clarifying explanation of exactly which focal lengths will cover the sensor).

Thank you,

Hi, the Red One MX , Scarlet, and Epic approximate a Super 16 gate when shooting in windowed 2k mode. I have shot a handful of projects using a Canon 7-63 and Canon 11-165 Super 16 zooms without any vignetting. I think the Scarlet makes a great 2k candidate because of its low cost and ability to push 60 fps at 4:1 Red Raw. I think the Epic will go around 240-300 fps in 2k? It depends on the aesthetic style that one is going for,but 2k Red mode can look "soft" to some people since its effectively using 2048x1080 pixels prior to debarring. However, its my understanding that the pixels will be smaller with the next "6k Dragon" sensor upgrade so this issue should be resolved with the extra pixel downsampling. I read somewhere that a Super 16 "window" model on the dragon sensor will be somewhere around 2500 to 2800 pixels wide resulting in a sharper 1920 by 1080 deliverable? check it out.

• 3 weeks later...