Black Light Project

Ben Ivy

I am scheduled to do a light set up for a "black theatre" type of set - the entire room is about 11x14 , so it's a good decent amount of space.

My only dilemma is that I don't want to flood the room with LED black light panels, but I'd still need to get sufficient lighting to get neon colors to show up brightly on the EX3 camera.

If anyone has suggestions as to how to set up the room, I'd be forever in gratitude.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am scheduled to do a light set up for a "black theatre" type of set - the entire room is about 11x14 , so it's a good decent amount of space.

My only dilemma is that I don't want to flood the room with LED black light panels, but I'd still need to get sufficient lighting to get neon colors to show up brightly on the EX3 camera.

If anyone has suggestions as to how to set up the room, I'd be forever in gratitude.

Thanks.

Kino and Wildfire make blacklight kino tubes you can put in your kino fixtures. I used those for a shoot a few months ago and it worked out really well. Also Wildfire makes some UV canons that put out a lot of light. If you need more control, I also know there are some leko type fixutres that I have seen used in theatrical venues, but I am not sure who makes those. Try talking to your local rental house. They should be able to point you in the right directiong