What's a smoother conform: 50p to 24p or 60p to 24p

Trent Watts

I'm planning to use magic lantern's hdr video mode which interpolates frames with different iso's resulting in a higher dynamic range image when you combine them in post. You have to shoot at twice the frame rate to make it work, but of course canon dslr can't shoot at 48p. So what would be a smoother-looking conform to 24p (23.98): 60p or 50p. At first, I would think 50, but if that takes 1 frame out every second, then wouldn't it be better to spread 6 frames out over that same second?

I'm planning to use magic lantern's hdr video mode which interpolates frames with different iso's resulting in a higher dynamic range image when you combine them in post. You have to shoot at twice the frame rate to make it work, but of course canon dslr can't shoot at 48p. So what would be a smoother-looking conform to 24p (23.98): 60p or 50p. At first, I would think 50, but if that takes 1 frame out every second, then wouldn't it be better to spread 6 frames out over that same second?

Actually, I should be asking, what's smoother between 30p to 24p and 25p to 24p.