NewYork film academy

Guys,

This is srinath from India, doing my engineering here.Actually i wanna take cinematography as career after my graduation, thought of joining in a film academy in foreign. can u guys please throw some light on fee structure, entrance details, opurtunities that we get, scholarships etc for new york film academy:). Not specifically on new york institute,any other best institutes that really help..

Thank you:)

• 3 weeks later...

I might be biased :-) since I teach at Ithaca College which has a great film program. Check it here: http://ithaca.edu/rhp/depts/cinphoto/programs/cinphoto/ We are in the State of New York in spectacular Ithaca and close enough to Manhattan (4 hours). There are many other great schools in this area of course. Check out their programs, syllabus and fees then write to the school to inquire about scholarships etc. Most colleges would have yearly fees near 40,000 so for sure try to get an scholarship!

Good luck in your search

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently doing 1year cinematography at NYFA and I'm very satisfied. The head of the department is a genius and we spend most of the time with him. The fees are high, we pay 40.000 per year but you can get financial aid up to 10.000 if you apply. Try it! I totally recommend. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, professional forum. Use your real name and lose the offensive moniker. Naz Y, REALLY??!!

I might have even had a LITTLE respect for Nazi just for the balls it takes for the shock value but Naz Y is just pathetic.

Usually I wouldn't even dignify such an attitude with a response, but I felt the need to clear it up for others who might have read your shameful post. Naz Y was not an 'offensive moniker' as you put it; it is my real name. The exact name is 'NAZLI' but everybody calls me Naz as otherwise most of the time they mistake Nazli for Nazi and I want to avoid it -something you wouldn't understand as you apparently have respect for Nazi. Well I don't!-.

I believe that you, as a director, must have more insight and less prejudice as long as you desire to direct 'human beings'.

But in all seriousness, the NY film academy is great, I went to look at their program when I lived in NYC but the price was the deciding factor for me so I ended up returning to the UK where education is significantly cheaper.

I decided to go to the University of York and I'm currently a 3rd year there (BSc in FIlm Production). The first year is heavily science based but gives you a great understanding of WHY before you do the how.

We have really great facilities and some great teaching staff.