Teleconverters/extenders and S16 Angie 12-240 for S35

Hi,

I'm interested in using a S16mm Angenieux 12-240mm T3.5 (Arri B mount) on a camera with an EOS/EF mount.

What I have to do is use an Arri B to PL adapter, then PL to EOS/EF. The image circle is enlarged to cover S35mm by using a teleconverter/extender. As mentioned many times before on various places, Stanley Kubrick used this combo with a 1.6x teleconverter to just barely cover the S35 1.66:1 frame in A Clockwork Orange and with a 2x teleconverter for Barry Lyndon.

These guys have done the same: http://www.tetongravity.com/tgrstudios/uncategorized/the-move-to-hdslr-and-creation-of-a-new-lens/

My question is: Does it matter where I put a teleconverter/extender in the chain?

Does it have to be:

[Angie lens] -> [Extender with Arri B mount] -> [Arri B to PL adapter] -> [PL to EOS/EF adapter] -> [Camera]

Or would these two setups:

[Angie lens] -> [Arri B to PL adapter] -> [Extender with PL mount] -> [PL to EOS/EF adapter] -> [Camera]

[Angie lens] -> [Arri B to PL adapter] -> [PL to EOS/EF adapter] -> [Extender with EOS/EF mount] -> [Camera]

Work and cover the S35 sensor as well? I think they all do, but I wanna check here as well.

Edited by Nicholas Carlson

As long as the extender is sitting at the same distance, optically speaking, it is calibrated to work at from the Angenieux than there should be no issue. Sometimes they will not fit due to different inside or outside dimensions. More than likely the mechanical fitment issues will prevent the multiple adapters from working.

It is a tough call without having the parts in front of you.

Make sure they have a good return policy if things don't line up properly.

Matt